Had a great time teaching a Fitness Instructor Certification class all week.
- When you step out of your daily grind and try hard to help others, you learn more and get more
- Our bodies adapt surprisingly quickly to change in routine- even for old guys like me! I'm not normally a morning person, but this week I had to be. I got up at 4am so I could run before class, and then did a circuit workout at lunchtime. Day 1- felt crummy. Day 5, felt the best I did all week! NOTE: In order to confirm this hypothesis, I would need to spend more time training that early in the am, and that's Not gonna happen... :)
- As a student, you don't have to be an "expert" in the subject matter at the end of a 40-hour class. In fact, you rarely are. But, soak up as much as you can and use it as a jumping-off point to learn in the arenas where you feel you need it most.
- I think we were created for relationships. Most of the time, I train alone, run alone, ride my bike at work alone, drive alone. But spending a week like this, where I'm rubbing shoulders with some great people, feels good. It's fun, and I learn a LOT from these folks.
- Think about what is a "strength" for you. A Strength does not have to be what you might be "strongest at," but it can be what makes you feel stronger when you do it. Does it empower you, energize you, make you feel strong and capable? Well, maybe that is a strength that you should pursue. You will get better at doing it, because the motivation is intrinsic...