GNC Living Well
Hi guys. I thought I'd get back to everyone through the blog, since I've gotten quite a few messages lately asking about my current training and nutrition plan. As ever, it is nothing fancy or scientific, it is simply what I know to be effective for me. Goal these days is pretty basic: to be as lean and fit as possible since I have a lot of things on the horizon which require me to look a certain way.
Performance-wise: my goal is always the same, to be in the best shape of my life at any moment. To prepare for the unknown. More realistically, I want to be faster than the strong guys and stronger than the fast guys...
By the way, my buddy Chuck and I are glad the TCA is over for a while. Of course, so is the celebration- we sat on the back patio of the house on Mission Beach and laughed and talked to everyone and looked like idiots for a couple days:
And now, back to the pursuit...
Training Plan for next 6-8 weeks (remember these are broken down into multiple workouts each day):
- Monday: stretch, core, legs, shoulders, running
- Tuesday: stretch, core, bis, tris, calves, running
- Wednesday: stretch, core, running, biking, chest, back
- Thursday: stretch, core, running, biking, elliptical
- Friday: stretch, core, legs, shoulders, biking, elliptical
- Saturday: stretch, core, running, bodyweight: bis tris chest back
- Sunday: stretch, running
Note: on the lifting side of things, I'm hitting the whole body twice a week. Legs are the only part I'm trying to push heavy twice (chicken legs!), the rest I go once a week heavy with weights, the next light/bodyweight/TRX kind of training... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbkU1oA4s4Y
Nutrition Plan :
- Wake-up, drink glass of water
- Breakfast: 2 eggs and small bowl of plain oatmeal
- GNC AMP Ripped Vitapak (I take about half with breakfast, half later)
- Handful of raw almonds
- GNC Beyond Raw Ravage Pre-Workout Supplement before A.M. workout(s)
- GNC Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass Post-Workout 2/3 serving (Seriously, I look forward to this like a fat kid dreams about cake. Delicious)
- On the way to work (I work mostly in the evening) GNC Beyond Raw Re-Power
- Lunch/Dinner: Spinach salad with a drizzle of olive oil, carrots, celery, cranberries, almonds. Turkey Sausage made on grill at beginning of week (example)
- Afternoon snack (sometimes during riding the mountain bike at work): GNC AMP Wheybolic Extreme Protein shake
- Pre- P.M. Workout: GNC Beyond Raw Ravage .5 serving
- Post-Workout: GNC Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass 2/3 serving (training 2 or 3 times a day lately, with a strict intake, the Re-Built Mass has been crucial in helping keep weight on!)
- Evening Snack: Celery with Natural Peanut Butter
- Before Bed: trying not to intake peanuts or popcorn before bed anymore- I think the sodium is working against me... So, I'll do another shake- usually Amp 60 protein again
Remember, I still have a couple "treats" throughout the week. These days I'm pretty strict, so it's usually not sugary stuff, but a couple glasses of red wine are a nice reward and help me let my hair down. I still love beer, but I try to avoid it as much as possible. Of course, sometimes you just have to:
Again, if you're reading this and thinking to yourself, "this guy's an idiot," "this guy's a psycho," or "this guy's such an asshole," well, you might be right... But, I've been at this for over 20 years, every day, and I feel like I have zeroed in on the training and intake that makes me feel and look the way I need to. I am constantly trying to get batter. I am very fortunate to have come across the GNC Beyond Raw and Sports Performance products, without their help I may weight 120 lbs right now!
If this is extreme to you, please don't try to take it all on at once- actually, shoot me a message and I'll try to help. Making a couple small changes at a time is always best- those changes become habits, and habits become our lifestyle...
Nope, I didn't get any of those nachos at the circus. Or the ice cream sandwich. Treat day for mes enfants...